Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves destroying my constructions  (Read 1689 times)

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves destroying my constructions
« on: March 23, 2012, 11:39:30 pm »

I'm having a tantrum spiral right now, and I noticed that my tantrumming dorfs have been destroying constructed walls, stairs and bridges.

The thing is, I've never seen them do this before (I thought they only went for buildings). Is this new? Will building destroyers also break through my walls? If so, I may need to reconsider my fortress design...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:42:28 pm by Tharwen »
[Signature]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves destroying my constructions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 11:40:53 pm »

Can't (well.. mostly can't) go wrong with a magma moat!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 11:46:51 pm »

If this is not a bug, it definitely gives more emphasis on a moat, even a dry one.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:35:32 am »

Dwarves (like all other creatures) should be incapable of destroying anything built from the (b) > (C) menu. Are you sure you didn't issue deconstruct orders? Also, upload a save so we can check it out, if you have one from not too long before the incident.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 03:25:55 am »

Dwarves (like all other creatures) should be incapable of destroying anything built from the (b) > (C) menu. Are you sure you didn't issue deconstruct orders? Also, upload a save so we can check it out, if you have one from not too long before the incident.

Well... I can't be sure because all I saw was a load of deconstructed walls amidst the chaos of a tantrum spiral. Maybe there was a cave-in or I accidentally destroyed them myself or something, because I haven't seen it since.
[Signature]

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 03:27:37 am »

Well... I can't be sure because all I saw was a load of deconstructed walls amidst the chaos of a tantrum spiral. Maybe there was a cave-in or I accidentally destroyed them myself or something, because I haven't seen it since.
Is it possible they were half-constructed walls - that is, walls that were in the process of being constructed, and then halted? Those can be destroyed; they are only indestructible once finished.
=Uncool-

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 03:39:28 am »

Are you sure they were walls instead of, say, workshops?
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 10:40:15 am »

Yes... they're quite hard to mistake for one another.
[Signature]