Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Artifacts and Yarn? Also, 12 Million Urist Artifact  (Read 5149 times)

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts and Yarn? Also, 350 Item Artifact
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 10:45:30 pm »

If I'm reading that right, that's worth over twelve billion Urists.

Prepare for epic migrant waves.
The Queen came.

I'd imagine she might have. ;)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 10:47:07 pm »

The Queen came.

I'd imagine she might have. ;)

So, what is this WONDERFUL item I heard was built?

Is that it? A door? A DOOR!? I TRAVELED FOR SO LONG, FOR A DOOR!?!?!??!??!?!? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 10:58:06 pm »

The Queen came.
The same necromancer queen, Thob Plankfurnace, who's ascension to power (in year 1, she moves fast) is depicted on the door?  I can see why she came, she wanted it as the door to her bedchamber.  Especially since the door also heavily features Strildo Violentstabbed the Squeezing Axe, a bronze colossus with quite possibly the best name ever.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 12:39:42 am »

Is that it? A door? A DOOR!? I TRAVELED FOR SO LONG, FOR A DOOR!?!?!??!??!?!? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE ORGAAAAAAASM![/i]

just to fix to that for you, given the dwarven happiness measure (waterfall >dead family. Yay for flooding main stair!)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 03:02:29 am »

The Queen came.

Dum-tsh
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 04:40:41 am »

The Queen came.
The same necromancer queen, Thob Plankfurnace, who's ascension to power (in year 1, she moves fast) is depicted on the door?  I can see why she came, she wanted it as the door to her bedchamber.  Especially since the door also heavily features Strildo Violentstabbed the Squeezing Axe, a bronze colossus with quite possibly the best name ever.
Ol' Strildo seems to have some kind of beef with the humans, by the way.

... "When she heard of the epic door, the Queen came. Then, when she saw the door, the Queen came."
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 07:17:30 am »

This is actually the second artifact door in the fort, but this is my first Planepacked artifact.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts?
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 07:28:15 am »

I think yarn is a bit bugged.  I have had all kinds of trouble with it, personally.  Dwarves routinely refuse to make things out of plentifully available yarn, but are happy to use silk thread or plant thread all day long.  Irrespective of hospitals or imported/domestic, or anything else.

Unrelated: it would really suck to have your wounds sewn up with yarn...

stuff like horse hair thread also counts as yarn, even though it can't be woven into cloth (only used for sutures).  Also, the system isn't bugged.  I had a clothier mood last night, and I assigned him to a burrow with the workshop and my cloth stockpiles.  He wouldn't take anything, so I checked his preferences and saw that he actually had a rope reed fiber preference, and I had used all my rope reed cloth.  The rope reed cloth I had left was all imported (so no-quality dying job and otherwise cheap cloth).  So I decided to reproduce the planepacked bug.  I removed the workshop from his burrow, extended it to the dead trader with the cloth outside (and reclaimed that cloth).  He then gathered about 30 pieces of cloth from two bins before I decided it was enough, so I readded the workshop to the burrow and he began collecting other items (extended the mood burrow to some blocks, some leather, some gem stockpile, and to some bones).  He collected his other items and made a mitten (disappointing, earlier clothier moods got me a toga and a mask).
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku
Pages: 1 [2]