Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting Dwarves with extra abilities?  (Read 650 times)

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Starting Dwarves with extra abilities?
« on: March 20, 2012, 09:05:12 pm »

I started off with a usual team of Dwarves, but both of my Miners have extra skills.

I had them set as Miner / Armorsmith and Miner / Weaponsmith.  The Armorsmith is also an Accomplished Carpenter and Wood Crafter.  The Weaponsmith is also an Accomplished Gem Cutter and Setter.  I didn't set their skills this way, nor are any of my other starting dwarves changed.

My game is not modded at all.  This is a Reclaim fort though, would that be the cause?  Or is it just a wonderful bug?

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Dwarves with extra abilities?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 11:04:36 pm »

Not a bug.  The most recent version of the game has migrants, including your starting seven, listed as historical figures, each with their own pasts, potentially past careers.

I swear, pretty much 75% of the time, my embarks have a grand master/legendary gem cutter/setter with them.  Oh yes.  Much praise to Armok.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Dwarves with extra abilities?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:18:30 pm »

Not a bug.  The most recent version of the game has migrants, including your starting seven, listed as historical figures, each with their own pasts, potentially past careers.

I swear, pretty much 75% of the time, my embarks have a grand master/legendary gem cutter/setter with them.  Oh yes.  Much praise to Armok.

Huh? The starting seven aren't historical figures, but other dwarves are. Perhaps the reclaim force is also historical. I never reclaim so I wouldn't be aware of that.