Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing Armor? in 34.06?  (Read 1318 times)

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Missing Armor? in 34.06?
« on: March 24, 2012, 09:40:28 pm »

Ran into this twice in one fort, don't know if it was kobolds, idiot urists dropping the gear in a river or what. But I had a full set of bronze armor go missing, helm, greaves, gloves, boots. Just poof.... cant find them in my stockpiles, I claimed the whole map, and searched it top to bottom.... I was messing around switching out uniforms several times, and playing with "Replace clothing" on and off, stationing my militia commander to see how it was working. Also did a quick google and mantis bug tracker search, didnt see anything.... I might just be crazy... also the merchants might have run off with it... (even though I didn't initiate any trading)

So is this a known thing?
Anyone else notice the same behavior?
I voted for BANANA!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Armor? in 34.06?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 09:43:27 pm »

Nothing seen on this subject.  New ground, or perhaps an issue with how you're doing things.  Dwarves and clothing is ripe for new bugs, and armor falls in there by default.

You sure it wasn't some macaque?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 09:46:00 pm »

Don't blame it on the sunshine,
Don't blame it on the moonlight,
Don't blame it on the good times,
Blame it on the kobolds.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 09:47:24 pm »

Centipedes?  In my 34.06?

It's more likely than you think.

Anyhow, look in your stocks screen before you go examining every tile of your map with a microscope and your 'k' key.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

luisedgm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 09:48:13 pm »

its possible that an armored dwarf got switched to another job and dropped all his gear outside the fort, macaques and kobolds can steal without been seen.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 10:05:49 pm »

Don't blame it on the sunshine,
Don't blame it on the moonlight,
Don't blame it on the good times,
Blame it on the kobolds.

Lol

its possible that an armored dwarf got switched to another job and dropped all his gear outside the fort, macaques and kobolds can steal without been seen.

If they can escape off the screen without being announced as having stolen stuff, I would place that as a sure bet. Right around that time I killed 3 thieves, who knows how many I missed.
I voted for BANANA!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 10:10:20 pm »

last I heard you should always get a "thief has made off with XXXX" regardless of whether the thief was spotted or not
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 10:20:18 pm »

Clearly death at the hands of your dwarves isn’t enough to dissuade such foolishness; the kobolds must be made an example of.

Right now one of the little scaly buggers is sat at his cave getting fat on the fruits of your labours! No doubt relating tales of his heroism to the glorified rats that we would call women, or telling his friends of the exaggerated stupidity of you and your dwarves whilst sitting on a pile of stolen treasure and armour larger than he is.

Does this not infuriate you? Does this not motivate you towards grim vengeance? Do not simply butcher the kobolds as they appear, CARVE their suffering into the very landscape of your embark. Pin them with arrows and have the blood trail slickly over the ground as they crawl away in a desperate but futile attempt to escape. Unleash the hounds so that their skeletons are not neatly disposed of but strew over the exterior of your fort; bones broken and cracked, skulls chewed and mangled. Have you seen what a war dog does to a kobold? They don’t tend to kill them quickly, that’s for certain.

When your ghastly shrine is finished it will make them think twice before coming to your fort to steal that one, easily replaceable set of bronze armour, or at least those desperate enough to come despite the grizzly display will know what’s coming to them, and their executions will be all the sweet tinged with their fear and apprehension.

By Armok, I am a sick puppy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:36:11 pm by KodKod »
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 10:34:43 pm »

I had a kobold who was hiding in the jungle burn alive from a dragon-induced brush fire. Quite an appropriate death, fortunately his silver dagger was intact so I made some bolts to kill his friends with!

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 10:38:40 pm »

Well Urist McMissplaceshisgearonthebattlefield... Died of melancholy today  :D From being... nakkkked!!! (apparently a sword and shield don't cover the important bits)

As for the Kobolds... I just hit the magma sea...

Made my other hammer dwarf dance around in and out of his clothes and (new)armor, worked flawlessly.
I voted for BANANA!