Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tantrum Problems  (Read 915 times)

wfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tantrum Problems
« on: March 20, 2012, 04:59:21 am »

So I recently had a tantrum spiral for no particular reason, (basicly normal dwarf fortress) when then I was searching through the dorfs and wreckage when I found a dwarf whos thoughts were: "As paperraw has been quite content lately, She has witnessed a death." Quite the demented dwarf, however I think we can all learn to be a little more optomistic about everything.

So anyway does anyone else have any interesting tantrum stories?

Update! I just got migrants.... Not sure why my fortress flooded and only three dorfs remained...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:50:43 am by wfan »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Tantrum Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »

Wait, your Dwarfs rarely witness death?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:11:52 pm »

Kitten waterfall is standard issue man!  Properly set up, it requires no maintenance!

Also, you don't let them.....socialize.... do you?  You KNOW that inevitably leads to a tantrum spiral crisis, right?

The more orwelian and clockwork efficient your fortress, and the more you suppress things like love and friendship, the more secure and adaptable the fortress becomes.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:14:15 pm »

the cliche "Oh my love, I will grief for all eternity, I will take my own life to be with you in death, I will.... Oh, nice statue, let's get a drink." is there for a reason.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.