Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiple Workers in Workshops  (Read 783 times)

jimi12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multiple Workers in Workshops
« on: March 23, 2012, 03:09:07 pm »

Most jobs require more than one worker, even if the other one is an assistant. Perhaps workshops could be assigned like rooms to assign a head worker/master and then assistants or fellow workers could increase efficiency, quality, amount produced... with all dwarves involved gaining relevant experience. Or maybe just the highest skilled dwarf would be in charge. Or it could be based on political or personality factors.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Workers in Workshops
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 04:33:27 pm »

Yes, I thought of that too.
Makes sense for some items to be created by more than 1 person.
Would also play nicely with apprientices getting exp withput wasting tons of material in the process.
I imagine that if things such as collosus assembly is put into the game, it would req a big 3d area and at least several dorfs with diffrent professions.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Workers in Workshops
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:50:21 pm »

With the custom workshops, we have the ability to tell the game where the workers stand - maybe we can just start making larger workshops, and having multiple standing room tiles?

I know that when I watch videos of things like Japanese katanas being made the old-fashioned way, they tend to be made by an old master giving instruction, doing the heating, tending the fire, and tapping out timing, while the two apprentices actually hammer the metal.  (Western weaponsmiths didn't do this, however, at least as far as I know, because I've never seen reenactors do that.)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare