Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water pressure changes?  (Read 416 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Water pressure changes?
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:11:59 pm »

I remember if water used to flow through a diagonal, it would de-pressurize. However, when I do that now, it just floods my place (more slowly). How would I achieve a similar effect in the latest version?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Water pressure changes?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:27:05 pm »

As far as I know this hasn't changed.  Show us a screenshot of what you're talking about.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 02:06:19 pm »

Water going through a diagonal eliminates pressure, but not flow. Water will flow by diffusion from more full to less full squares. "Pressure" actually means "teleportation." Water under pressure will teleport past full squares of water to the first non full square it can path to. That is the difference between pressure and flow.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »

Weird, I used to be able to do this...

Wait, forgot the floodgate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S1viy1Wqp0
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)