Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something seems to be wrong with migrant Traders now...  (Read 1681 times)

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
Something seems to be wrong with migrant Traders now...
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:20:54 pm »

Specifically, they don't get flagged as migrants.  Instead, they just pop up on the map as "Friendly" units and halt the migration wave in progress.  Am I the only one who's having this happen?  'Cause it's happening an awful lot; I've got 3 Friendly Traders wandering about outside my fort now.
Sanity is for the weak.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Something seems to be wrong with migrant Traders now...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 12:23:44 pm »

Jesus man, learn to search.  >:(
* FrisianDude throws plump helmet at SkyRender.

YES, it happens. Has been happening for about a month now. They tend to leave with Dwarf caravans, afaIk. They're 'armless and only a minor nuisance. They do bottleneck incoming migrants but as soon as they step aside more pass through.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 12:26:15 pm »

YES, it happens. Has been happening for about a month now. They tend to leave with Dwarf caravans, afaIk. They're 'armless and only a minor nuisance. They do bottleneck incoming migrants but as soon as they step aside more pass through.

Sorry I didn't spend 10 minutes sifting through search results to find what I was looking for.  I'd seen no mention of it since I returned to the boards, so for all I knew, it was a bug introduced in the latest version.
Sanity is for the weak.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 12:41:09 pm »

Hello SkyRender,

Judging from your formulation, it seems as if you had been absent for a while. Therefore, I am not sure whether you are aware of the move to mantis.

Currently, bug reports are no longer meant to be handled via the boards, but rather via the separate mantis page. This has the advantage that you can easily search only through the bug reports and get good results on your searches relatively easily. The bug in question can be found here.

I hope this information is useful for you. BTW, you seem to be correct about the trader migrant bug being new to the 0.34.x versions.

Yours,
Deathworks

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 01:09:31 pm »

Sorry I didn't spend 10 minutes sifting through search results to find what I was looking for.  I'd seen no mention of it since I returned to the boards, so for all I knew, it was a bug introduced in the latest version.

Type 'migrant' and 'friendly' in the search bar.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101645.msg3007044#msg3007044
Hardly 10 minutes.
And that was just the 3rd topic.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 01:13:36 pm »

Hello SkyRender,

Judging from your formulation, it seems as if you had been absent for a while. Therefore, I am not sure whether you are aware of the move to mantis.

Currently, bug reports are no longer meant to be handled via the boards, but rather via the separate mantis page. This has the advantage that you can easily search only through the bug reports and get good results on your searches relatively easily. The bug in question can be found here.

I hope this information is useful for you. BTW, you seem to be correct about the trader migrant bug being new to the 0.34.x versions.

Yours,
Deathworks

Thank you, that was very helpful!  I have indeed been gone since before the Mantis system was fully implemented; I left around the time it was announced, but before it was actually implemented.  I'll check there next time I encounter any new bugs.
Sanity is for the weak.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 01:17:48 pm »

I opened a similar thread some time ago. If you get them in these numbers they may hang around untill goblins wipe them out, after which they have to be burried like usual. I had some 1/3rd of all migrants like this, really stopping me progressing. Don't seem to have it in 34.06 anymore though, so far.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 01:19:51 pm by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.