Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uh...weird bug?  (Read 1486 times)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Uh...weird bug?
« on: March 20, 2012, 07:56:51 am »

So I was going along as normal in my fort, stuff was good, etc.

The dwarven caravan comes, and I ignore it since I'm completely self sufficient with this fort. The merchant ends up going crazy (which may be a bug itself, but not what this thread is about). His guards immediately kill him, then leave the map. The yak that was carrying the goods goes melancholic, so I send my military to go kill it. Well, they go and kill it fairly handedly, however, the 3 dwarfs that killed it go insane. And I don't mean the "_____ has gone berserk!" insane, I mean they just go hostile to everything on the map. I can't order my other squad to kill them as they are still considered sane.

If I turn the alert to inactive, they go back to being normal dwarves...except they are afraid of all of my other dwarves, and my other dwarves are afraid of them so everyone is just running around like chickens with their heads cut off. If I turn them back to active duty, they start slaughtering everyone again, including each other.

Pretty weird. Something like this happened to anyone else?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Uh...weird bug?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 07:58:19 am »

Sounds like a loyalty cascade.  This happens if you order your dwarves to kill the dwarven caravan.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:02:23 am »

Hmmm, don't remember that from last time I played or killed the caravan, which was forever ago.

Oh well, was bored with the fort anyway lol

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:25:22 am »

Yeah, don't kill anything that's melancholic or whatever.  A berzerk dwarf is legitimately against you.  A melancholic dwarf is a sad story.

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:50:20 am »

Yeah, don't kill anything that's melancholic or whatever.  A berzerk dwarf is legitimately against you.  A melancholic dwarf is a sad story.

- "I don't belong in this world anymore... " *sob*
- "We agree!"
*chop* *chop*

Isn't that just called Dwarven psych 101?