Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf in Cage  (Read 1420 times)

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf in Cage
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:54:28 am »

Well, i got a big problem.

Today i got sieged about 3 times, and in the last, the enemy makes it to my gates. Suddenly, 10 dwarfes rushed out to claim the stuff from the last siege, 1 sec later all of them sitting in cage traps.

Dunno why, i guess because the attacker and the dwarf was in the same second on the trapp and the dwarfes got trapped.

How do i get them out? I cant them assign to a lever, those cages are in the Animal stockpile. do i have to wait for a caravan/trader to free them?

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf in Cage
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:57:15 am »

Build the cage. It might not be named right, so check the material of the cage the dwarf is in. Build it. See if he's in it. If he is, then try attaching that cage to a lever and let him out.
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:00:44 pm »

Build the cage like Met said. (b)uild - (j) cage - (x) expand the list and it will show you which are dwarf cages.

Instead of attaching them to levers(which can take quite a while), (q)ery the cage, press (a)ssign (? I think itīs a?), then simply unselect the dwarf who is sitting in it - he will be freed instantly.

And dwarves caught in cages can happen when they are running away from invaders, too. And it will always happen if the cages are webbed.

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:08:06 pm »

ah thanks guize

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 02:02:54 pm »

Chuck them in the magma.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:08:59 pm »

Instead of attaching them to levers(which can take quite a while), (q)ery the cage, press (a)ssign (? I think itīs a?), then simply unselect the dwarf who is sitting in it - he will be freed instantly.

Wait, that actually works now?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 02:45:52 pm »

Wait, that actually works now?

Yeah, it didnīt really work in earlier versions. But with 34.05 it works similar to de-assigning creatures from pastures, deassign them and they will be running free right away. Neat, actually. Thinking back I had my chief mechanic starve in a cage in an older version while the rookie mechanic was dabbling around with the lever. Looking at his ghost visiting the cage made me really sad back then.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 03:45:01 pm »

Actually, that's worked since 30.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 06:37:18 pm »

The Dwarfs are probably very injured too, so I hope you have a hospital set up :P

For the record, Dwarfs who get stunned/unconscious will trigger any traps. Cage traps and weapon traps included :I