Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: In peace with Gobelins ?  (Read 1450 times)

Bartimeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
In peace with Gobelins ?
« on: March 19, 2012, 05:29:38 am »

Hello !

My civilization is in peace with Gobelins and Kobolt, how it's possible ? It's strange because some time i have the visit of thief and    
gobelins kidnapper, but no siege at this time(My forteresse 4 years old in the game).
Can i change by myself my relation with Gobelins ?(I want to be in war with them)

Thinks you, and sorry for my bad english. I hope you can understand me xD.

++

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: In peace with Gobelins ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:38:41 am »

It's possible, though not common, for Dwarf and Goblin civs to be at peace with each other.
Eventually, the goblins should send caravans and diplomats(?) - killing them, especially the diplomats, is usually enough to start a war.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:42:10 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Bartimeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 05:59:16 am »

The goblins hab never send caravans or diplomats, just thief. But, if i can't change this, i think i will start a war with elven for more "action".

Thinks you Sus

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 06:00:54 am »

do they list as peace in the (c) screen or is it just because you had no ambushes or sieges yet?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Bartimeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:13:10 am »

do they list as peace in the (c) screen or is it just because you had no ambushes or sieges yet?

Yes, the are list as peace in the screen "c", like Humans, elven, kobolt and dwarfs.
The only hostile who attack me it's a Minautore and a Forgotten Beast for the moment. It's not really fun.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:16:11 am »

so sad, the day when goblins live in peace with the dwarfs. You might as well stop cutting trees to make the elves happy.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 07:54:30 am »

Goblins are always hostile (and will send ambushes and sieges), even if they show up as "at peace" in the (c)ivilization screen. The only time they show up as "at war" is if your civilization actually declared war on them during worldgen.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Bartimeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 11:33:48 am »

Goblins are always hostile (and will send ambushes and sieges), even if they show up as "at peace" in the (c)ivilization screen. The only time they show up as "at war" is if your civilization actually declared war on them during worldgen.

Ok, but they never make ambush or siege, just send one or two Thief.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:45 pm »

Ok, but they never make ambush or siege, just send one or two Thief.

This will probably change, just give it some time. In the meanwhile, build up your fortress's value.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »

Sometimes you can live at peace for years before even the first ambush comes. DonŽt get too careless, sooner or later youŽll get a siege.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 12:21:21 pm »

They are just mad at you for misspelling their names. They hate it when you do that. It makes them think you don't really care. They won't come out to play until you get their names right.

Bartimeus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 02:49:28 pm »

Ok, thinks you for your answers everybody !