Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nobel demands silver bed in bedroom, possible?  (Read 6782 times)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobel demands silver bed in bedroom, possible?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 09:48:33 pm »

I'm playing 34.05 and my mayor wants an iron bed

Addict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 11:01:34 pm »

I'm playing 34.05 and my mayor wants an iron bed

well hopefully it is fixed, and fixed as in the nobles don't demand near impossible to meet demands.
The best choice of restraint is therefore a good strong metal chain. A high-quality chain will also let the prisoner admire it, giving him a boost to his happiness.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 11:06:38 pm »

It was somewhere in fixed bugs list, that in 0.34 nobles no longer make mandates and demands for items made of specific materials.
Well, prior to the release of v0.34.01 Toady said he'd "turned off material-based mandates for the time being," but it looks like he turned them back on.  The "Other bug fixes/tweaks" listed for v0.34.01 said "restricted mandates so they'll be more reasonable", but I don't see that bug ticked off on the changelog page.  And finally, this bug is still listed as "open" at the bugtracker:
944: Baron demands turtle shell door in dining room, and other demands of unattainable item/material combinations
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:09:03 pm by HiEv »
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 11:13:26 am »

You can make a custom reaction to give him his silver bed.  Otherwise just deal with the unhappiness from having an unmet demand.

Could you mod a tree to be made out of silver, and then make a bed from its logs?
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:38 am »

Yep, my baron has been demanding a lead weapon rack forever. I finally gave him one though. So material is definately in there. Thankfully a lead weapon rack isn't hard to do, compared to a silver bed :D

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 09:00:39 am »

Toady turned off material-based mandates, but he didn't do anything about material-based demands.  Fortunately, failed demands don't cause Justice like failed mandates do.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 [2]