Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military scheduling: multiple squads  (Read 323 times)

Last Friday

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Military scheduling: multiple squads
« on: March 18, 2012, 06:47:23 pm »

In an attempt to simplify military training (and accommodate my growing military), I split my military into two squads. The first has no problems: three hammerdwarves, three axedwarves, one speardwarf, their own place to train (where they do train). The other has three marksdwarves.

This second squad doesn't train. All they do is "Soldier" (no activity). I built them a training room (separate from the first squad's room) with beds, assigned it as armory and the beds as barracks, and an archery range. I set them to equip themselves with breastplate, greaves, helm and crossbow (all these are available).

Now the allegedly tricky part: my first squad is set to Train (6 minimum) all months of the year, when the Active/Training alert is up (which it is). The second squad is set to Train (2 minimum) all months of the year, when the Active/Training alert is up (which it is).

What in Armok's name am I doing wrong?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Military scheduling: multiple squads
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 06:57:35 pm »

Do you have quivers? Also I believe they need to have barracks designated from a coffer to train.

I personally dont bother training marksdwarves this way. I have them shoot captured creatures.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.