Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Do I Do With My Lovely Magma Sea?  (Read 3169 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: What Do I Do With My Lovely Magma Sea?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 07:01:07 pm »

brooks are actually pretty nice. You can get at it without ever worrying about leaving an invasion hole.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 07:48:03 pm »

I had a few requests for a save, so I uploaded it here:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/category.php?id=14

I don't have a save of the initial embark, sadly, so the fortress has been around for a number of years.  (I know that my fortress design pretty much sucks; if anyone wants to recommend ways to improve it, feel free.  For example, my dwarven bedrooms definitely need work.)

That's fine; the people that want it can just extract the seed and worldgen params and recreate it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 07:01:13 pm »

Do you think toady will ever implement boats?

I'd love to have boats on my rivers, oceans and magma sea

As much as I'd love to explore the cavern seas that way, using boats is most undwarfy.

If Toady could implement a way for the dwarves to hire human explorers to do it, or zombie boatmen, or something...
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »

I'd love to be able to train scuba divers, and magmaproof mechs. they'd do all the dwarf stuff, but in places dwarves couldn't reach. and they would need to surface...

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 07:16:16 pm »

Boats are on the dev page, sounds like for adventure mode. Exploring the magma sea would be most dangerous Fun. Since we generally put magma in a safe location (read isolated) due to magma crabs n such, u wouldnt merely be exploring but in a combat zone of no retreat.

Very dwarfy.

Pages: 1 [2]