Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 20 best DF stories  (Read 3379 times)

Dopefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 20 best DF stories
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 10:42:00 am »

~Swim, Swim, Hungry.~~

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »

Aw, just delete the thread, I just feel like a jerk and I'm not going to get anything I haven't already read.  :(
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »

I thought the idea was nice, but Armok's presentation of it wasn't the best possible, which means that it was kind of arrogant.

Saying that other people should do something for you isn't a good way to go.

But I understood it as a joke and I didn't think that it was Armok's intention to give the image his thread did.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »

woah, its all okay.  my first reaction was pretty defensive too, and if i'd had a few beers in me i probably wouldnt have deleted and re-written it.  i dont think anyone really meant any harm, and i dont think there are any patterns of behavior to be worried about.

i mean, except mine.  ive got a pattern of cracking-wise in threads where im not invited.  but really the best thing to do about that is to ignore me.

its all fine.  group hug!

I've been digging that "sensible dwarf" story, but since its not finished i wont post a link.

also, i like Armok's "one dwarf against the world" spoiler.  i think we should do more fake spoilers for popular stories.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

Hmm...   How would a person make a fake spoiler for DnG!?  It's not exactly a linear tale...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 11:32:00 pm »

Technically, the name 'Death and Glory' is a spoiler in and of itself, isn't it?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 12:11:00 pm »

Also, puke, I did actually understand your joke. It was fairly funny, I just thought that a thread with links to some of the less well known stories would be a good idea.

I posted the link to One Dwarf Against The World because I wasn't sure how many people would have read it. I mean, yeah, you get vague references to it (like yours) but its not one of the stories that people always link to (like Nist Akath or Boatmurdered).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 02:51:00 am »

The One Dwarf against The World is just awesome! And I've found it because of this thread. So, it is very useful =).

P.S. Armok likes graphics =).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 04:42:00 am »

Shameless self promotion ftw!
I don't think its anywhere as good as One Dwarf against the world, but I think it is still pretty good for my first try.

[ May 12, 2008: Message edited by: Asheron ]

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 09:01:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>The One Dwarf against The World is just awesome! And I've found it because of this thread. So, it is very useful =).</STRONG>

Ditto.

Wow, I have to admire how amazingly pointless message I posted just now.

Keizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Proving dwarven motorcycle gangs are yankees too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

In my opinion, One Dwarf against the world >>>>> Boatmurdered. I know most disagree. I think I just like the writing style in ODAtW.

This whole thread felt out of character for the forum to me. Why don't we make it into a constructive one?

The Stories page on the DF wiki is too long, messy, and just overall not a good idea. Stories Rather than stacking 60+ stories onto one page, why don't we come up with a new system for archiving stories on the wiki? Something simple like naming every story page starting with something like "Story_Of_" and maybe the author name might work. Then we can include the "stories" category at the bottom and maybe an index page that includes a brief plot summary for the longer ones.

火族

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Deon:
<STRONG>P.S. Armok likes graphics =).</STRONG>

Liessss...

Sorry for going of topic, but that is something I take as a serious insult, it is not funny.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 06:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>
Sorry for going of topic, but that is something I take as a serious insult, it is not funny.</STRONG>

And I found the way you replied to my comment insulting, but this is the internet and nobody cares. Now let this useless thread die, very little is being accomplished.

Just go look in the stories section of the forum.

[ May 12, 2008: Message edited by: Slappy Moose ]

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »

Hey Armok, don't mind Slappy Moose.   Everyone's got their opinion, and mine is that this thread isn't useless.

Here's another old story to amuse you.  It ain't Boatmurdered by a long shot, but it definitely has its moments, with Nekose, Koji, Aargh, and especially Rictus all getting into the swing of things.  Had the story continued, it could have been great.

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.
Pages: 1 [2]