Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Sleepy Vampire  (Read 1032 times)

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Sleepy Vampire
« on: March 17, 2012, 06:17:05 pm »

I have a vamp in my fortress... he murdered two dwarves. A child and the captian of my Marksdwarf squad. Knowing he was a vamp, I accused him and he was sentanced to jail time and 50 hammer strikes. Some time later the son of the marksdwarf came forward and denounced the vamp.

I believe that the vamp drained his mother while he was still in her arms and once he was old enough to speak he came forward. I wasn't aware that dwarven babys could survive without their mothers...

I had the vamp chained up in a cell and locked behind steel bars. I had been planning on keeping him locked in there until i had my vamp military containment suite built. However during his sentance he lobbyed his political connections within the fortress and was elected mayor. From his cell he demanded a office, a bedroom, and a dining room. I wondered why he would need such things.

Once his sentance was over i decided, that since my dwarves had elected this double muderer and undead monster thier mayor, i would let him free and ordered his cell opened.

My hammerer promptly arived and administered the vamp his hammer strikes. The vamp survived with severe yet non-crippleing injurys. Some smashed toes, broken hands, shattered bones and the like. He was then dragged off to the hospital to be treated.

Now he is resting happily in traction. With the inablility to feel pain he is "resting" soundly, he looks almost as if he is sleeping... complete with Zs appearing over him every few frames. But wait.... vampires dont sleep! or do they?

I wonder if he is really asleep in hid hospital bed, or mabey he is only fakeing. I am mostly wondering if vamps will feed off of hospital patients and if so could they feed of other vampires? Has anyone witnessed this occuring?

The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sleepy Vampire
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 06:20:12 pm »

Hospital sleep isn't real sleep... it's 'resting'.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:53:24 pm »

Hospital sleep isn't real sleep... it's 'resting'.

'From injury

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 07:01:21 pm »

Check him and see if he's unconscious, too...
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 07:26:13 pm »

This happens to my normal guys in traction.  You have to deconstruct the bench to release them.  It's a bug.
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 07:45:36 pm »

I had this happen when I tried to harvest a vampires blood to make an army of siege operators. He's resting for real.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns