Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invasion on:off  (Read 890 times)

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
Invasion on:off
« on: March 17, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »

ok, so haveing invasion mode off is a good way to learn all the basic of Dwarf Fortress (like how to make soap) but if say you will get seige by goblins when you reach pop 80, and i have a pop of 100, and i turn on invasion, will they attack me evetully?,

same with the cavern will i find it eventully if you turn it back on
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion on:off
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 05:42:10 pm »

You can turn invasions on and off freely. In fact, most of the init settings can be changed freely. In invasions' case, however, it does take time for the new setting to take effect; you'll continue getting attacks for a few seasons after turning them off, and won't get attacked for a few seasons after turning them on.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »

Invaders can be turned on or off during gameplay at any time, but the change won't take effect for up to a year.  If you turn them off, you still might get an invasion later that year, and if you turn them on you still might have to wait till next year for an invasion.

If you turn the caverns off in worldgen, you'll never see them.  That setting determines how the world is made during world gen.  If you change it you have to generate a new world.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 06:17:05 pm »

tx
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 06:48:11 pm »

As I recall, it won't start taking effect for the normal length of time (~1 year, then you get thieves/snatchers, next year you start getting ambushes, etc.).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable