Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I tamed Rutherer, but my dwarves still hostile to her. why?  (Read 1758 times)

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I tamed Rutherer, but my dwarves still hostile to her. why?
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:39:50 pm »

Goblin siege leader was riding a Rutherer. I managed to capture both leader and rutherer. Rutherer is named Utes, I guess goblins named her this way. Rutherer killed no dwarves in my fort.

I tamed Utes with my animal tamer. Now my dwarves are running amok and hitting the poor beast whenever it approaches.
Utes is confused about it. She is not hostile. She just wants to get to her pasture.

Is it a known bug? she have no dwarven frags. Is there a mitigation plan? can I calm my dwarves down?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: I tamed Rutherer, but my dwarves still hostile to her. why?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:42:53 pm »

Animals which arrive as part of sieges are always hostile, even after being tamed.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:51:16 pm »

too bad. she is a magnificent beast. she cripled three of my dwarves in lucky counter-strikes. and she is NOT HOSTILE! my dwarves are. that is confusing. they chased her on the fortress wallsa and now she lingers there.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:25 pm »

Is it a known bug? she have no dwarven frags. Is there a mitigation plan? can I calm my dwarves down?
Kill it... kill it while training soldiers if you wish  or place it far far away.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:40 pm »

Is it a known bug? she have no dwarven frags.
It sounds like the following bug (in reverse?) so it will probably be fixed in the next release:
bug #3059: Animals that are civ enemies can be tamed, but keep acting like enemies

And yeah, it appears that that bug can happen even if the one you tamed didn't kill any of your dwarves.

However, it's probably too late for your Rutherer.  Even if Toady posts the next release, it probably won't retroactively remove the "enemy" tag, it likely will only prevent it from happening in the future.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 08:15:23 am »

if you managed to tame it, it might breed.  The offspring then might be usable.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku