Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant olm, injured miner, won't go to hospital?  (Read 744 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Giant olm, injured miner, won't go to hospital?
« on: March 15, 2012, 05:33:30 pm »

My miner got in a scuffle with a giant olm. He easily dispatched it, but he sustained some injuries and is pale, and I think he will bleed out. The ability to stand is impaired, so I'm assuming that someone will recover him. But, nobody is coming. Is this a bug? Can they not access his location? What is going on? He is one my only legendary miners, so I don't want to lose him, especially since I'm doing alot of digging at the moment.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Giant olm, injured miner, won't go to hospital?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 05:55:10 pm »

Is he passing out and waking frequently?

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 06:01:25 pm »

He needs to be accessible to your dwarves, and he might need to be stably conscious or unconscious, and make sure that there aren't any creatures near him that could be leading to a job cancellation spam, like a cave crocodile.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 06:04:49 pm »

No creatures, no work for him to do. He got down there, I'm pretty sure there is a way out. He is on no job, I think he is fine, but he won't move.

EDIT: There is work for him to do, but he won't move. He has lost the ability to stand, It's not impaired. There is an easy way out, he should be able. I dunno why he won't get recovered. No animals nearby either.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:08:22 pm by Icefire2314 »
"zzz"

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:47:32 pm »

Got a hospital zone set up? You don't even need anything in it, just a zone. Beds, tables, containers and traction benches just make it all work better. The other common problem is that recovering wounded is a low priority job. Many people create dedicated nurses with all other labors turned off. But you MUST look at their personalities. Urist McSelfish (doesn't go out of his way to help others) would rather clean toxic FB goop out of your baths than pick up a wounded dwarf, and he will get a bad thought if forced to do so. But Urist McFriendly will actually get a good thought from helping others, and will do so at a higher priority.

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 06:55:36 pm »

Forgot about that, for him to be recovered, you need a hospital zone, and some dwarves that aren't adverse to helping people without jobs the can reach him wherever he is.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 07:02:22 pm »

Have a hospital, I have over 100 dwarves, so I VERY highly doubt all of them are adverse to helping recover dwarves, and I'll double check but I think he has access out.

I am also in shock. He had an artery torn in the leg, and it healed. Of it's own accord. His leg's are just pale, and dented now. He is down in the caverns, and he just healed. e_o

EDIT: Nevermind. in the caverns, it snakes around alot. Apparently EVERY SINGLE WAY TO HIM was blocked by a tree. e_o
EDIT2: Someone just walked by him to mine. I'll double check on Urist McSelfish/Friendly. Never heard of a friendly Urist but it's worth a try xP
EDIT3(jeez): Chief Medic is not aligned either way, selfish or friendly. But he doesn't do anything either. He actually has no job currently, he has no other labours assigned. But the miner isn't unconscious. Should I unleash some !!FUN!! on him find a way to make him unconscious?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:19:36 pm by Icefire2314 »
"zzz"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 07:57:29 pm »

If he's awake and not making his way to the hospital, then he's decided that he's fine and doesn't need medical attention.
You might get him to go in for treatment by injuring him again.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:08:14 pm »

I'll have to think of something :/
"zzz"

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 03:22:29 pm »

Excuse double post;

That kinda sucks. He can't move, he needs a crutch and diagnosis. However, he won't move, nobody will get him, and to my knowledge there is  way to him. Could I possibly set a hospital over where he is?
EDIT: I dunno if someone was already coming for him, but after I placed a hospital over him, a surgeon came and got him. He should be fine now ^^
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:25:31 pm by Icefire2314 »
"zzz"