Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No dwarves in houses (adventurer)  (Read 300 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
No dwarves in houses (adventurer)
« on: March 17, 2012, 01:57:32 pm »

Happened twice now, no dwarves? I began as a dwarf, no dwarves. I can start as humans on another world with humans just fine, but twice in a row, no dwarves? I can't talk to the frog men inhabitants (fortress defense. Yes, the human world was also fortress defense.), but they're in the apparently dwarven houses..?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No dwarves in houses (adventurer)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 04:00:46 pm »

I guess you are aware that there's no Dwarven "cities" right? Nor there are Elven. They do show up on the maps but that's it.
As for elves and dwarves living in human cities I've seen some elves, not sure but I think I've seen some dwarves as well , usually a lot of that happens early on like year 250.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: No dwarves in houses (adventurer)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:25:41 pm »

Oh. When I saw start as a dwarf, I thought I'd end up with a human town that just had dwarves in it instead.

So basically, starting as a dwarf spawns you in a non-existant city which happens to be actually inhabited by various enemy races not actually trying to kill you?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)