Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Axe Lord Flipped out!!  (Read 4238 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Axe Lord Flipped out!!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 08:58:58 am »

Do soldiers still become permanent military when reaching high enough weapon skill?  If so then these guys will never be able to produce more food for themselves and they will also kill any new migrants who come to the fort.  It looks like the only way to salvage this without abandoning and reclaiming is to lock the axelords away until they starve to death and hope that some migrants show up before they die, otherwise it's automatic abandonment if there are no dwarves left in your fort.

I think its possible to deactivate them by removing them from their squad (i think if you just deactivate the squad they'll just keep training but won't work).  If you do this though i think they lose some of their military skills?  I noticed in DF2010 that deactivated "lords" wouldn't regain their lord status when going back on duty until they leveled up another military skill.

not sure on this.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 09:03:06 am »

What should happen if when someone attacks their own civ they should be turned into an enemy of that civ, then be removed from that civ, that would stop the cascade from occuring. But it would be far less fun.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 03:37:02 pm »

What should happen if when someone attacks their own civ they should be turned into an enemy of that civ, then be removed from that civ, that would stop the cascade from occuring. But it would be far less fun.
it should be handled by the justice system.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 04:00:59 pm »

Funny thing. I reverted to an older save. I never had a captain of the guard either. I wanted to get my soldiers to get some civilian skills. I disbanded their squad and assigned one of the axelords to the captain of the guard position and gave the other one a peasant job. First order of business and justice system wants the axelord to be punished for violation of production order. Both of them were out of uniform and naked. They had a fist fight and the Capt. got his ass whooped so hard. Broken legs, broken arms. Its all from a barehanded dwarf. I guess what happened is the capt tried to arrest the peasant(ex-axelord) and he resisted.. LOL. I checked skills. This guy was his mentor. Level 12 Master Teacher 15+5 in multiple combat skills. It didn't cause a loyalty cascade though, I guess because he didn't die.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 05:44:12 pm »

I like to think of this as an unintended feature to punish players for ordering their dwarves to commit acts of treason..
I completely agree.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 05:46:59 pm »

What really should happen is that if you order a dwarf to attack his own civ, you should be turned into an enemy of that civ and all your dwarves should stop obeying your orders. :)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 06:23:37 pm »

Technically, they do become an enemy of that civ. The problem is that it fails to also make them an enemy of the local group - if it successfully did that, it'd be equivalent to them going Berserk (but without fighting amongst themselves).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 [2]