Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: individual training vs. makeing more beer  (Read 793 times)

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
individual training vs. makeing more beer
« on: March 16, 2012, 03:05:59 pm »

yea, well i read on wiki that a good thing to do with civ is to put everyone on the military but just give them like wooden gear and never use them in a fight, so train them so when they go tree cutting, a giant flying squirle is the least of my problem, so far it worked, i had reports of several fights breaking out cause the critter keeps on attacking me, but because of there training i have no more casualty (though my hospital needs an upgrade)

just want to mention this befor i make my question cause i think it may be important

most of my civlilian when idle will do individual combat training, though unfortanly, i have a thing to finish makeing the things, and no one is doing it, and i check my Dwarf Theripst, it says that they are idle, but when i go look for him, hes in the barrack doing individual training. instead of doing what he suppose to and make more beer.

is there any way for them to stop this random idleing buisness, cause i do have some people doing it, but my Barrack is always full for some reason with random idlers who have a job to do
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: individual training vs. makeing more beer
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 03:31:28 pm »

I think it takes some time for them to complete their individual training, and they won't pick a new job until they are done. So, then they finish. But there isn't anything to do at that very second. So they go train, and don't stop training when a job becomes available. They should get to it eventually, however.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 03:36:41 pm »

Press 'u' to bring up the units screen.

Find your dwarf that's doing something that you dont want done.

Look at the bottom of the window, there are buttons you can press to 'do things'.

One of those ('r' I think) is remove.  Some jobs cannot be cancelled, but many can be.

If that 'r' is greyed out, you cannot easily cancel the task in the middle.

If not, you can just press 'r' and the dwarf will be forced to stop and pick a new task to do  - hopefully one you find more pleasing.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:41:00 pm »

tx

EDIT: i checked, you can't cancel individual training, but thanks for that info
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:51:33 pm by targetstar »

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:51:49 pm »

you need to remove them from the military to force them to do other jobs. Seasoned soldiers who are inactive will still train most of the time instead of doing their jobs.

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 04:10:57 pm »

lol, i have 6 squad, and only 1 is military trained, the other 5 is all civilian, with no skill, (well now only half my pop has no skill) but its still a good thing to have. i only use my military to attack people and animals, i use other to help them survived if ambush or attack by random giant crows (which one of them was funny)