Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The ‼Science‼ of 2-handed swords  (Read 11177 times)

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
Re: The ‼Science‼ of 2-handed swords
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

3 in 49 dwarves are smaller than 47500 size.
Wait. How.  Is the size range for creatures really that large?
The "Weapons and Size" section of the Weapons article in the wiki notes, "Adult dwarves vary in size between 33750 and 93750 (average 60000) based on their height and broadness".  It then lists the odds of dwarves being able to handle weapons one or two handed.
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 10:24:06 pm »

The table contradicts itself in places. It says the minimum size for a dwarf is 33750 and then has all dwarves being able to wield a battle axe (minimum size 42550). I'm not editing it now, my head for numbers is not the best at 3am.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

huhwhozat

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels mysterious construction: taken by mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 06:01:56 am »

After A long battle with trying to run tests quickly, I had about 300 done.  Then I overwrote my data spreadsheet with my template.

Back to square 1.
        Did you sense a disturbance in the dwarf?
        edit: ... as if millions of kittens suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
        edit2: I fear something delicious has happened.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]