Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your 'Bitch, Please' moments  (Read 8532 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Your 'Bitch, Please' moments
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 11:00:21 pm »

...the town was invaded by goblins while you were actively adventuring?  I've never observed any adventure-mode actions to occur like that!

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 11:11:05 pm »

...the town was invaded by goblins while you were actively adventuring?  I've never observed any adventure-mode actions to occur like that!

I had been adventuring for a year or two atleast. I remembered the spot of the town so i could return to retire after my dragon kill. It could have been a mega-beast or something, but when i got there i was mauled by several gobbos. I took alot down with me atleast.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2012, 02:10:34 am »

My only 'Bitch, please' moment was when a miner ran headfirst into a vile mist while on his way back to the fort, and all that happened to him was he got mildly thirsty.

I made a thread about it a week or so ago. Still haven't been playing DF that long.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2012, 04:11:29 am »

I had my first were-beast the other day, everything paused and I got an announcement. I was already in food supply troubles so when it paused I was like "Ah crap, a megabeast, too?". However, upon reading the announcement, it was a werellama :P
Suffice to say, this is where the "bitch, please" begins, but not where it ends! I unpaused and decided to watch the llamathrope's progress through my fort. He started near a map edge... in human form. Completely stark naked. He went straight for my fortress entrance, but encountered one of my dwarf's pet geese along the way. The goose broke the werellama's foot, and the werellama gave it toes and ran like hell to the nearest map edge, never to be seen again.

Bitch, please :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 06:52:41 am »

Boy, did these guys ever pick the wrong day to start s██t...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The "deity" is actually some kind of humanoid hyena demon "diplomat" with poisonous bite. He seems to specialize in lopping giant olms' heads off with one swipe of a paw.
It remains to be seen if he survives his bout of badassery, though... awful lot of red parts on him. Here's hoping the humans aren't too pissed off about their "deity" getting a nasty lashing from the gobbos.

edit: He did survive. Had a nice little chat about the fort's decor with my baron and then crawled off the map with his broken spine. Through a river. I'm glad he was on my side.

My militia racked up a couple of kills as well, mostly crossbow shots from behind fortifications. Also had to send all squads to help the "deity" to finish off the gobbo swordmaster and his mount.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:40:07 pm by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 2 [3]