Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Biggest messes of ambushes/sieges  (Read 1269 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Biggest messes of ambushes/sieges
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:17:48 pm »

What's yours? Mine is when two of ambushes were triggered by migrants during construction of the great wall. Luckily, a caravan showed up just then and helped me finish them off.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest messes of ambushes/sieges
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 11:29:33 pm »

When caravans come, i get tons of ambushes, to the point that i get my military ready and force the dwarvs underground when one comes. my most was 7 in a row, i think, atleast the size of an avredge siege. It killed the liason and one caravan, luckily it was a dwarf one so i wont have Humans/Elves to deal with.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:31:41 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:36:59 am »

I think elves and goblins have something against me. When I opened gates for migrants, there were like seven "curse friends of nature" -messanges and giant amounts of bear-riding elves attacked through my main gate. Military stopped them.
Suddenly, vile force of darkness has arrived. Many flying-mounted gobbos joined to fight, but they crushed my back door with trolls and attacked inside my mountain.
Yeah, I know "back door" is something horrible in what comes to defense. But I forgot I have it... I accidentally broke mountainside when mining, and put there door because my masons were busy.

I ordered quickly all reserves (one militia crossbow-squad and King's Guard) to block advance of goblins.

There was just about 15 dead dwarves, mainly civilians who went claim something from battle, but there lied also ~70 dead goblins and ~50 dead elves with their war animals.

And, once there was ambush when human diplomat was coming to my fortress.
Diplomat was deity AKA clown.
He crushed little goblins with his bare hands and then conducted meeting with my mayor.

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:14:44 am »

Five Ambushes by Gobos with Elf leaders in 2 Minutes, i couldn't trade two years because all caravans kept getting slaugthered...
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:33:45 am »

Three ambushes and a siege with four units of goblins. I was surrounded and my reinforcements waylaid by the ambushers. Then I called in the reserves, and 180 angry civilians donned armour, grabbed hastily made weapons and prepared for war.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 08:12:22 am »

Previous version: A demon ambush uncloaked IN my dinning room.  >:(
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.