Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature world readouts?  (Read 370 times)

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Creature world readouts?
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:27:15 pm »

I noticed a few people posting a total list of all the animals/creatures in their entire world.  What tool are they using to do this?

I ask because I want to make some adventurers to systematically kill every bad thing in the world, and earn the bloody right to the throne of the world by mass genocide!  Be they rhesus monkeys or titans, demons or elves, even fluffy wamblers!  EVERYTHING I DISLIKE SHALL DIE!

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature world readouts?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:46:56 pm »

You can use legends viewer and world viewer to do this, just google them, download, follow readme instructions, and voila.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
Re: Creature world readouts?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:34:35 pm »

Also when creating the world or veiwing it in legends mode, choosing to export map also exports two text files. Open up the sites and pops one in a text editor and there are your creatures listed by residence.  If there wild they're under the "Outside" population title.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"