Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: DF2010 WorldGen "Cookbook" Thread  (Read 103754 times)

grimman007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010 WorldGen "Cookbook" Thread
« Reply #420 on: November 22, 2011, 08:29:17 pm »

Alright guys, I need a world generated for both adventure & DF mode:

Max evil areas & gobbo civs, with just enough unaligned/good for civs, mostly human.
Must have at least 3 dwarven civs, of which one is going strongly.
Modded raws to ensure at least 1 faction at war with my dwarves.
Many, many titans, megabeasts, and all that fun stuff. Forgotten Beasts/Titans attack at pop. 15.
Elephants everywhere, aggressive.
GCS spawns aboveground as well as below.
Adamantine on surface.
Silver, coal, obsidian readily available.
Decent amount of trees.

Sound good? Good.
Urist's Mod! Spawnable NPCs include bogeymen, bronze colossi and a random Forgotten Beast, generated on the fly and animated for your vomit.  Also magma.

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 26, 2011, 11:01:17 am »

Do these recipes work with mods like Genesis? or will the maps and such be vastly different if I insert them into Genesis?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 01, 2012, 03:25:52 am »

Alright guys, I need a world generated for both adventure & DF mode:

Max evil areas & gobbo civs, with just enough unaligned/good for civs, mostly human.
Must have at least 3 dwarven civs, of which one is going strongly.
Modded raws to ensure at least 1 faction at war with my dwarves.
Many, many titans, megabeasts, and all that fun stuff. Forgotten Beasts/Titans attack at pop. 15.
Elephants everywhere, aggressive.
GCS spawns aboveground as well as below.
Adamantine on surface.
Silver, coal, obsidian readily available.
Decent amount of trees.

Sound good? Good.

Is there a way to force HFS glitchyness? I mean, unless you want the adamantine to be a soil layer or something. If there is a way, that would be really cool. besides duped raws or something.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 01, 2012, 09:39:34 am »

Do these recipes work with mods like Genesis? or will the maps and such be vastly different if I insert them into Genesis?

They will be vastly different. Even a tiny change to the RAWs can cause the worlds to gen differently, like the addition of display cases.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Yamez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2012, 04:16:39 pm »

Here is flat volcanic/river embark for .25.

It has a variety of metals including iron and a fair amount of gold. Flux is available but you will have to dig quite far down to get to it. I guess the surroundings will vary from computer to computer so you might find your embark in anything from Serene to terrifying.

May I have the save file for that? Many attempts at generation have all been for nought!

Hi, sorry I've taken so long to answer you but I haven't been around.

I have two versions of Dwarf Fortress, one with Mayday tiles and one with Phoebus. When I generate this with the Mayday version it appears as posted but when I do it with the other, it appears as you describe, it is strange. :o

I will try to find a place to upload the game then post the link here for you.

Edit: Here you go, just switch out the raws and replace with whatever tileset you wish to use.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4505

Thank you very much. I've been playing with this map quite a bit and have made several fortresses on it.
...A True Dwarf does not use silly little "Site Finders", he merely closes one eye and points his finger at a map, then walks there no matter what. If the entire site is on fire, he will dig a hole in the ground; If there is a goblin fortress in the way, he will dig a hole in the ground; If the ground is under 10 layers of water, HE WILL DIG A HOLE IN THE GROUND.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:38 am »

So I gen'd a small world with no dwarf civ on the map, no dwarven adventurers, but available for fortress mode. 

Does this mean the dwarf civ is located underground, or the fort I create is the "capital"?

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2012, 12:39:49 am »

World gen:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Major river (30+ tiles wide) in a canyon on north edge of map.  Hematite and marble for flux.  No other ores except candy, but there is sand and clay.  South part of map rises as much as 45 z-levels above the river, and there is a magma pool in the second cavern about 15 z-levels down from the river for forging.  There are 4 aquifers on the map, but they're in pockets, if you dig in high enough they shouldn't be a problem until you descend into the earth.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 08, 2012, 05:24:54 pm »

I'm genning a pocket pachtwork world, but I'm having trouble getting vampires and werebeasts, when I check in legends viewer, sometimes I have none, or small numbers, anyway to get a siezable pop of fun historical figures?

My world has all the civs, lots of caves, volcanos, I'm just missing the vamps and weres....

does running longer histories help? i was genning 250 years...

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 08, 2012, 05:37:26 pm »

Did you up the number of curses? This would presumably up the instance of curses, and therefore vamps and werebeasts as well.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:43 pm »

Did you up the number of curses? This would presumably up the instance of curses, and therefore vamps and werebeasts as well.
yes, I upped vamps to 40 and weres to 20 (from 10)

I just genned a 1000 years world, the weres were fine, the vamps... got lots of them but only 1 dwarf vampire and settled in a human town to top it of....

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 08, 2012, 06:32:51 pm »

Here is the seed, it generates a nice pocket patchwork world, 500 years, with high savagery, lots of caves, beasts, volcanoes, all the civs, towers, lots of werebeasts, and vampires still need a tweak, I got lots of them but only 3 are dwarfs and they are settled in human towns...

For some reason I'm also getting human kings in some of my dwarven civs...

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 08, 2012, 09:21:11 pm »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:30:57 pm by xczxc »

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 08, 2012, 10:22:26 pm »

So I've been working on a certain style of fort for a while, and would like to continue for a little bit so that I can figure out the new features (last fort played was 31.18). If someone could find this for me, I'd be very grateful:

4x4 embark on a glacier with a volcano in one corner(glacial worldgen helps a lot; it's how I found a place in 31.18). The volcano (that is, the lava, not just the mountain around it) must extend a few levels (5 or so should be the real minimum) above the glacier; otherwise, the glacier should be flat (that is, each of the 16 squares in the 4x4 embark except the one with the volcano and possibly one next to it should be flat). 3 caverns, no aquifer. Needs to be able to trade with humans, dwarves and elves.

If it's possible to get 100 levels of air, that would be best, as I'm planning an aboveground megaproject. Even better if it has its own steel stuff, but that's not necessary (and unlikely, as flux doesn't seem to show up much on glaciers).
=Uncool-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:26:11 pm by uncool »

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2012, 03:06:35 am »

There's a thread for 34.x worlds here guys:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101280

Not trying to be snippy or something here, but seeds for 34.05 aren't going to work with 31.25.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

uncool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 09, 2012, 05:51:08 pm »

There's a thread for 34.x worlds here guys:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101280

Not trying to be snippy or something here, but seeds for 34.05 aren't going to work with 31.25.
I apologize; somehow my eyes skipped over the "DF2010" part of the title. I have a few such places already, if anyone wants the seed. I think I may have posted some of them in the thread a while ago.
=Uncool-
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]