Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: migrant modding  (Read 858 times)

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
migrant modding
« on: March 10, 2012, 03:53:22 am »

So the number of migrants you get in each waves depends on the wealth you created but the numbers seem unbalanced. If you built a decent fortress in your first year, have zero artifacts and no precious metals you still generate enough wealth to get the maximum ~30 migrants every single wave (after the first two).
Is there a way to
a) alter the maximum size of a migrant wave to say 10
b) modify the amount of wealth needed for migrants so that only fortresses that drown in gold get the max wave sizes
I'm a peaceful person, I don't want to just kill them off.
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: migrant modding
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:18:31 am »

Build a wall surrounding your forts entrance. Leave a space for a bridge taht draws up blocking the entrance. When migrants come, they loiter around the outside trying to find a way in, then some leave and others pull out signs saying, Let us in. Not the last part haha, but i was really over loaded once, so i did this and they ended up leaving but the second time i somehow angered a horde of Elephants and they waited outside then when the migrants got there they were stomped to death.
Jumping into a waterfall to get water is Spectacular.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:03:56 am »

Well, you could make everything in the raws worth less and do without engravings and such
-> less value created->less immigrants

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 09:01:42 am »

Well, you could make everything in the raws worth less and do without engravings and such
-> less value created->less immigrants

I thought about that but that would influence a lot of other things as well. mostly rooms / furniture get less valuable => dwarfs get less happy thoughts from looking at them and it becomes harder to make fancy rooms for nobles
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:20:05 am »

Just build a migrant deathtrap, collect the clothes, and sell them to the next caravan.

Or maybe set up a way to cage the migrants, and then sell THEM to the merchants. Or at least their corpses.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.