Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Entity surviving worldgen issues  (Read 1656 times)

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Entity surviving worldgen issues
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:52:32 pm »

I have been working on a custom creature, mostly to learn how to do it, and because I thought it would be an interesting creature. Its an experiment at a spouse_converting civ, and I was attempting to avoid using babysnatcher for the time being. As far as I can tell it builds fine, error log doesn't show anything, and it appears in the Arena (and operates a bit better than I had intended, but that currently is secondary  :o). In legends they are showing up, though they all seem to start dying of old age at half of the maxage value, show having made civilizations but never show up as neighbors at embark.

As a note, I have borrowed/modified materials from Veok (leather mod), and Genesis (various enhanced creature mats). There is a chance I have used something else and forgot, but I think thats all thats borrowed for this one. Ahh the perils of serial borrowing heh.

creature file
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

entity file

the specific custom materials used

custom tissues

and finally the custom body token (as i had no idea how to set up the body like that without it)

seems to be decently useable outside of a civ, and probably would be much easier as not a Night Creature, but I thought it would make it more interesting. If anyone feels like using this in some fashion feel free, just let me know how you use it and if edited how so. Especially if its even more interesting  ;).

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Entity surviving worldgen issues
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:02:04 pm »

I guess they die out because they have to convert some other intelligent race into a spouse, which for some reason, they won't do, until they just die from old age.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:02 pm »

The bit that confuses me is that I can look up their civilizations, they are actively doing things the same year that I stop world gen, but none show up when I go to embark. To make tests faster I was cutting off world gen around year 100. I also just recently noticed that Masterwork has a drider in it, so I think I will check out some of the creature level designs there to see what I could do better.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 11:54:44 pm »

The driders are not my work. Check this for the source: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=70258.msg3008851#msg3008851

btw: Flobulon had a cursed dwarven queen that turned into a drider and still ruled as queen in my mod. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::