Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kid Lair  (Read 1309 times)

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kid Lair
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:31:09 am »

I was exploring a lair I found and I stumbled across Iteb Ushatoshur,Dwarven Child. He saw me and greeted me with a "hello my name is inigo montoya you killed my father prepare to die" (just kidding  :)) What he actually said was "I am Iteb Basementcircled!, prepare to die!"
Is this normal to find killer kids? Also, why did he get his name wrong? Thanks

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Lair
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 03:38:25 am »

The most obvious answer is that the kid is a were*, but the other shit I don't get. Specifically why he would go by another name. It seems like he's trying to pull a vampire alias but there's really no reason for him to do it.

Edit for question: DO weres so that? I've never actually paid enough attention to one that wasn't transformed so I don't actually know. It just seems pointless since they don't really take steps to blend in beyond not mauling everything when they're normal.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:39:56 am by Tastysaurus Rex »
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

stven275

• Bay Watcher
  • What do i put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 03:49:49 am »

Yeah, it's perfectly normal(IMO) to find WereKids, i've found three in my time with the new version.
"I don't have time to jusify myself to your viewers.(dances in pink armor)"
-YouTube comment 2012

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:20:36 am »

It's the same name, Ushatoshur is dwarven for Basementcircled.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 07:40:55 am »

It's the same name, Ushatoshur is dwarven for Basementcircled.
On that note, know that many creatures have a last name in their own tongue but when they talk to you, they may say the translated version in human.

Which means you're all killing linguists. Congratulations.

And, no. lycanthropes do not change names.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:53:55 am »

The proper response in such situations:

"Stop kidding around and turn into whaterver-you-turn-into-usually, I need a quick bite to heal my severed motor nerves."
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.