Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Returning to DF  (Read 3385 times)

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
Re: Returning to DF
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 08:00:07 am »

The feature I love most in the current release is:
Any dwarves from your abandoned fortresses should also show up in subsequent forts, whether originally historical or not, as long as you are with the same overall dwarven civilization.

Though I didn't see it in action yet...

I did. My first two migrant waves once brought me to a total of seven miners. They didn't bring their picks, though, so I only had 2 that were useful.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 08:02:07 am »

First thing you'll notice is that the forum displays your username over to the right left.
*Holds up her hands pointing "fake guns" towards the ceiling* Ok, my left hand makes an L shape...

This reminds me of my first "mind blown" moment in preschool. Teach raises her left arm and says "This is my left arm". And then while keeping it raised and started to pivot (360) on herself while saying "This is still my left arm".

I was thinking to myself "HOLY CRAP... THIS IS MADNESS!" lol
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »

The feature I love most in the current release is:
Any dwarves from your abandoned fortresses should also show up in subsequent forts, whether originally historical or not, as long as you are with the same overall dwarven civilization.

Though I didn't see it in action yet...

I happen to really enjoy the thought of my dorfs migrating to a diff fort from a previous (unsuccessful) fort, although my only experience with it is a legless chump of a fisherman (whom i usually turn into managers or brokers in the beginning) and a ghost dwarf, my guess is the ghost followed the fisherdorf from fort A to B. It seems to add character instead of whipping them off the face of the earth, they search for a new mountainhome
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.
Pages: 1 [2]