Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Of efficiency and specialization and division of labor.  (Read 5485 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Of efficiency and specialization and division of labor.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:40 pm »

Board of Fortresses policy.

I assign miners to just mineing farmers to all farming no hunters doctors to all doctor and the rest of my horde has evrything else enabled.

That means most of the dorfs have axes at all times.

Quality no,spam junk stuff yes,danger room commandoes yes.

Sweatshop I mean textile industry,I like ropereads musch better than pigtails.

Fort layouts usualy halls two wide first level farms second shops lowere levles apartment buildings.

Okay need to quit reading forums and finish up high school.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Of efficiency and specialization and division of labor.
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:35 pm »

I am currently working on some efficiency issues. I don't exactly have a strong computer >.> got this laptop for christmas from Wal-Mart (basically a xxLaptop of Failxx), and it was the cheapest one they had available since it was "supposed" to be for just programming Windows applications.

Well, to the point I guess. Hallways are all 3-wide. The metalworks, food processing, masonry, and woodworks are currently segregated from each other with the skilled workers for each burrowed into the area. Haulers bring everything they [need / are getting rid of] in and out of the area also. Things seem to be working pretty well so far, but that is with just 55 population - children. FPS is sitting around 100 most of the time but I think things are going to get rather slow once i run up to 200+ pop... >.< I guess I will have to be a little more restrictive with my population in the burrows once it gets up there.

Oh, a question regarding the use of burrows... I have some military that are also supposed to be restricted to their specific job-related burrows. When they are active/training with a training order will they ignore the burrow or will they do a "Soldier (cannot follow orders)" kinda thing?

GalenEvil
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.
Pages: 1 [2]