Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Sort of) Immortal Fort?  (Read 604 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Sort of) Immortal Fort?
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:34:55 pm »

[Masterwork for 34.04]

After I lost the guard I embarked with to a family of alligators, I decided to let one of the first migrants inherit his position and equipment. One season later, he goes werewolf and rips apart everybody else.

At this point, I'm left with one survivor, throwing a tantrum. Eventually he dies, and I expect to head back in to reclaim this fort.

Nope. According to the stocks screen, I have 'Population: None' [Other Animals: 4].

A season passes while I wait and see if anything happens. Migrants! This might be saved!

Unfortunately, I can't make a squad without anybody to assign positions, and all the positions are missing from the nobles screen. They walk in and, without questioning why this place is covered with blood, start harvesting from my over-ripe plump helmet fields.

Merchants must've heard the echoing screams and assumed that it was nothing more than !!FUN!! going on, and where there's !!FUN!! there's business! They walk in, walk up to where I had my trading depot and... deconstruct it or something. Whatever happened, my depot isn't there anymore.

Now he's just running around the stairs while I wait and see what happens...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: (Sort of) Immortal Fort?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:27 pm »

...wat?

Also, check your "dead/missing" section, chances are the surviving dwarf isn't in contact with the expedition leader and has been labeled as missing.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:43:04 pm »

Long story short:

I had one of my dwarfs turn into a werewolf and go nuts on everybody. After everybody (?) died, rather than kicking me back to the main screen, it's continuing to run.

All of the dwarves, with the exception of the ones that came in my most recent migration, are listed as Deceased. Therapist also cut out, saying that DF wasn't running.

Also, the entire Nobles page is blank.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:46:20 pm »

Apparently were/vamps can keep a fort running indefinately, consider yourself lucky? Youll have to wait for someone to be able to become the expedition leader again, happened to me once but I just abandoned the fort wasnt worth the wait. But uhh, whats the real question here?
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:50:55 pm »

Not much of a question, really. More along the lines of a 'Huh?'

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 09:57:07 pm »

So, that bug from Hellcannon strikes again?