Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why should I care about keeping nobles happy?  (Read 3130 times)

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why should I care about keeping nobles happy?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 10:58:00 am »

killing all the nobles has one advantage: new ones arrive with nice clothes.

Locking the sherif and all nobles in a small room with a hole to throw down food and beverages is also an option.

as for the beatings: whenever someone gets sentenced to a beating the first thing I do is have them put on full plate and steel everything armour with a shield. combined with a weak sheriff they can get through it with hardly any injuries.

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 05:48:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Inquisitor Saturn:
<STRONG>Most people just kill off nobles as soon as they arrive.</STRONG>

Oh, do they? I've never killed a noble.

Calenth:
There are probably consequences of unhappy nobles. Is it so hard to build a tomb?

[ May 20, 2008: Message edited by: Lightman ]

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 09:00:00 pm »

to answer the original post, the nobles happiness really does not matter any more then any other dwarf (at least at the moment). As long as you keep them happy enough to prevent them going insane it does not matter if they are unhappy all the time as long as you meet mandates.

I've noticed no difference in mandate or demand frequency between ecstatic and miserable nobles. It would be nice if happy nobles rarely or never made demands while unhappy ones would make demands to cheer themselves up and that way you could get rid of some of the annoyance by actually providing the rooms and such they want, because right now it's sort of pointless (even the king will be ecstatic sleeping on the floor with the rest of the dwarves if the communal dining room is nice and the meals are good).

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 10:23:00 pm »

In the future though, Nobles will have more of a use other then just plain annoying you with their ability to boss you around with threat of killing off your amazing dwarves.
Pages: 1 [2]