Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vampires and sleeping livestock  (Read 3117 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires and sleeping livestock
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 06:27:24 pm »

PTW.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 09:52:38 pm »

what's ptw mean??? :P
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 09:56:14 pm »

Post To Watch

Its basically a bump to keep the topic on the front page, so that you can quickly see the results of the !!science!!.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 10:31:32 pm »

The jaguar's apparently not losing any blood, nor is the vampire losing his "years since last drink" thought.
He wouldn't. Thirst for blood isn't listed in the thoughts screen, only thirst for alcohol.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 05:47:12 pm »

I finally got my invader asleep.  The giant moon snail died, maybe old age or something, and had been replaced with a wild black bear.

After the goblin and the bear fell asleep, I unlocked the doors to their chambers, and to the vampire's chamber.  The vampire didn't do anything.

Conclusion: vampires will only feed on civilians.  (Untested: will they feed on sleeping merchants/diplomats/what-have-you.  This sounds too difficult to test, and probably of limited value anyways.)
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 06:42:11 pm »

What about "friendly" beastman populations, such as those that kick the shit out an FB?

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 06:43:59 pm »

what's ptw mean??? :P

LOLOL, I've been silently wondering that myself, but felt like it was something I should know, felt stupid asking :p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Fnear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:42 pm »

Can they butcher the livestock after they drain it and put the meat in an airlock?  If so you've got a nice meat processing plant.  More complicated than just... the normal way.  But more fun!

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »

What about "friendly" beastman populations, such as those that kick the shit out an FB?

That's a good question, but I'm not really set up to test it.

Can they butcher the livestock after they drain it and put the meat in an airlock?  If so you've got a nice meat processing plant.  More complicated than just... the normal way.  But more fun!

That's a good idea!  The drained jaguar just turned into a regular old corpse, so I don't imagine that it couldn't be butchered.  Butchery is the kind of job that's nice to have automated like that anyways-- I might try and setup a vampire butcher shop.

Of course, the real problem is getting creatures asleep.  Working on that atm-- the cages and mechanisms used, luckily, got contaminated, and I managed to get them protected before any waves washed them off.  I'll see if I can get a contamination trench, come next winter.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.
Pages: 1 [2]