Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions re: Vampire King  (Read 770 times)

revier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions re: Vampire King
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:08:29 pm »

I genned a new world to the year 999, and the original king of one of the civs is a vampire. He became king of the Hammer of Denting in the year 1, of course, and became a vampire in 49 after profaning The Abbey of Sacrifices and pissing off the god of charity. He's held the throne ever since. I've been poking through his family tree, and was pleased to discover he has a lot of living descendants, most of whom are sixteen and seventeen generations removed (or vampires themselves). He has 36256 kills - mostly dwarves, a few humans, 17 giant tigers and one cheetah.

Is there any better way of figuring out which of the migrants to my fort are descended from him besides digging through everyone's family tree in legends mode? He's too far removed to show in the relationships screen, I'm assuming, but I haven't actually embarked yet.

If and when I meet the requirements for him to come to my fort, is there anything messed up about vampire nobility I ought to know before I start planning how to feed him?

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions re: Vampire King
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 06:45:47 am »

Got a 1050+ years old vampire ruler myself, but haven't yet gotten him to join. (my all golden villa is just finished)

I believe and I'm fairly sure about this, that vampires do not keep doing their family related activites, after they've become a vampire.
They will still have their siblings from before the change and I don't think they actually eat family, but they don't reproduce anymore.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Questions re: Vampire King
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:24:43 am »

They have a "STERILE" tag, so I don't think so either.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.