Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded in my own race of alligator people  (Read 482 times)

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modded in my own race of alligator people
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:32:04 pm »

I modded in my own race of alligator people and started up a fortress as them. The way they reproduce is by laying eggs. On my embark I brought along some hens and a rooster for eggs, and guess what happened when I built a nesting box? My gator people claimed them! Now I have to see if I can use this to drastically increase the population of my fortress (Not that there would be anything to gain from this), or even have them eat their own eggs. I think I might have discovered a method of cannibalism  :P

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded in my own race of alligator people
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:50:28 pm »

Actually, egg-laying races eating their own eggs has been around as long as eggs have been in the game. <_<

That said, the eggs won't hatch unless the females laying them are married. You can get around this by including the [PET] token in the female caste, which will flag them as creatures even if they're intelligent and allow them to breed without being married. You can still set their labors in Dwarf Therapist.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.