Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Assaulting upper layers of a necro tower... help  (Read 4540 times)

Toadburger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Assaulting upper layers of a necro tower... help
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 02:09:00 am »

If you're going to get companions, do NOT let them have any sharp weapons. They will eventually sever an arm and head, meaning you have to kill MORE zombies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 08:04:13 pm »

Throwing is still ridiculously out of sync with other skills (I mean, you are unable to touch a skilled foe in combat, but you can break his legs by throwing clay at him. WTF?) Still, after the game is a bit more fleshed out, and you can dig and build and mix and manufacture, I believe the game will give us the tools we need to fight the hordes of zombies - GRENADES!!!

Try breaking someone's legs by throwing a clay brick at them, or try it by using it as a club. Throwing would be easier.

Now what would be unusual is if you managed to do that with a feather or snow. Or liquids.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 08:25:17 pm »

hell once adventure mode gets the crazy crafting/digging/building update, im making a dwarven adventurer and undermining towns. especially if cave ins return properly.

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 11:04:35 pm »

"a section of the cavern has collapsed"
corpses everywhere, including the poor saps (haha, puns) you made dig.

You stand atop a nearby hill, laughing your ass off.  You monster.
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 01:07:19 am »

i don't know, i find it quite cool that i know that on my 30th birthday this game will be halfway done and 200% awesome.

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2012, 06:20:43 pm »

This is off topic, but does anyone know about how many floors a Necro tower might have? There's none in my world that I can find.
My post ends here.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 01:20:22 am »

I think the fewest number of floors I've seen is 4, and usually there's more. Books start appearing on the second floor, some of which may be able to teach you necromancy. I've only ever seen the slab (guaranteed necromancy learning) on the top floor.
Pages: 1 [2]