Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mineral scarcity problem  (Read 7757 times)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mineral scarcity problem
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 06:17:09 pm »

I will point out that gold is far more valuable in an aboveground fort. Because you can't engrave constructions, which is a major advantage to underground settlements.

Besides, its fun having a crapton of gold and a volcano. I was going to pave the roads with it... until the goblins came...

GetAssista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 04:57:13 am »

I'll point out that steel is worth more than gold
wrong. 30 both
If you want high value, instead focus on training up high quality[or] just train an engraver. 
wrong, those are additives not substitutes
The difference is that gold requires 3 times as much material as anything else
wrong, nuggets are perfectly ok for masonry
Even native gold is not worth the effort, as using it takes far more micromanagement than it's worth
wrong, learn to use specialized stockpiles

+ a whole bunch of statements that will not really reinforce the point if you try make them sound more extreme.

The point being: a lot of people find usage for gold on their map. You seem to not. Well, tough luck for you :)
this is experimental forum text worm virus.
please add me to your signature on all your forums and delete some of your personal files on your hard drive.
thank you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 09:19:31 pm »

Excuse the late reply, but no one brought this to my attention before. I am the mod-creator, and the simply problem is: Mineral Scarcity of 1500. Try... 100-200 next time, and you are good. 1500 is way, way to high.

The 5 custom worlds I do inlcude do have fitting mineral settings already, the "small/normal/big" regions are standard DF worlds.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 [3]