Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Evil Ash kills everything  (Read 2334 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Ash kills everything
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 04:21:16 pm »

I've recently made the acquaintance of Evil Ash in an Evil biome. It seems to kill on contact and is never announced. The biome also has Revolting Goo, which causes dizziness and nausea, and which is announced and which I thought was the culprit and that death was a rare by-product.

But no, I have Evil Ash, which has exterminated all the wildlife, my grazers, and half a dozen dwarves, who not only died two tiles from my front entrance, but on the same tile, no doubt each trying to claim the shoes of their predecessor before being struck down themselves.

I've managed to pull the raws from my save file, so if anyone can tell my why this stuff is so deadly (or wants to use it themselves), I'd love to know.

Evil Ash raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems to cause blisters and bleeding in the lungs, which would be disgusting and lead to drowning in one's own blood. Not a nice way to go. It's contracted whenever someone eats (idiot), is injected with, breathes, or touches the evil ash. It probably appears as big, green clouds; speaking as someone who hasn't seen any evil clouds, it might also leave little piles of ash lying around. These would also transmit the sickness to anyone who is barefoot. Like animals, or children, or dwarves with clothing issues. Try putting restricted traffic designations over the indoor piles and keeping dwarves indoors.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Ash kills everything
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 04:44:36 pm »

Is it horribly telling that I too had the evil dead reference, but also crossed it with a pokemon reference?

Evil ash catchem: "Gotta kill em all!"

I need to get rid of these thoughts. They can't be healthy. :(
Pages: 1 [2]