Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire won't follow burrows...  (Read 2140 times)

Agent_86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire won't follow burrows...
« on: March 03, 2012, 03:23:00 pm »

I've identified a vampire in my fort - one of my recent migrants...

I'm trying to get her to sit on an upright spike trap so I can fill my well with vampire blood... but she won't follow the burrow order!  I removed all of her jobs so that she'd go straight to the burrow, but instead she just sits in my meeting hall, not doing anything. 

Is there any other way I could get her to sit on the spike trap in my cistern, because she apparently isn't going to follow my one-tile burrow order?
When something isn't quite dorfy enough, just add magma.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire won't follow burrows...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 03:33:17 pm »

Assign her as the only member of a squad and station the squad on the spike trap.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »

The vampires will respect the burrow if they have a job in it.  I stick mine in a cave that I sealed up after I put the first two into.  I got them in there by making them the only ones allowed to use a masons workshop and now they are my dedicated spelunkers.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 07:51:26 pm »

I don't have any trouble with burrows, but is there a trick to that station thing you mentioned? They always run off killing things when I order a station...
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »

If you mean hostiles, thats normal.

If you mean they leave the station point to drain some nearby dwarves, that is, unfortunately, also normal.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"