Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Urist cancels give food: No food available.  (Read 4501 times)

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist cancels give food: No food available.
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 10:29:09 pm »

So your method of figuring out a problem is to insult people or act rude until it solves itself? I mean even a screenshot of an area which a dwarf once said there was no food accessible could help us. Who knows, maybe it's just a bug.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 10:37:43 pm »

There's two options here, and not one of them is "Insult the developer."  At least Toady says straight up it's still an alpha, and isn't passing off a buggy final release as a finished product (I'm looking at YOU, Bethesda).

Option one: there's a bug, and it's triggered by who knows what.

Option two: There's bug/something you don't know you've done, and it would really help to have detailed screenshots of your fortress layout.  It's very easy to be too close to the situation yourself to see things properly.

finally, please don't be so snide.  There's a lot of nasty forums out there, and this is one of the nicest you'll ever find, but only if you are nice yourself.  The game gets frustrating, but bitch at your dwarves, not the players.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 12:16:36 am »

There's two options here, and not one of them is "Insult the developer."  At least Toady says straight up it's still an alpha, and isn't passing off a buggy final release as a finished product (I'm looking at YOU, Bethesda).

Option one: there's a bug, and it's triggered by who knows what.

Option two: There's bug/something you don't know you've done, and it would really help to have detailed screenshots of your fortress layout.  It's very easy to be too close to the situation yourself to see things properly.

finally, please don't be so snide.  There's a lot of nasty forums out there, and this is one of the nicest you'll ever find, but only if you are nice yourself.  The game gets frustrating, but bitch at your dwarves, not the players.

This.  QFT.  If you provide the information we need to know to help, we will.  But if you continue to be an obnoxious idiot, we can't help you and will start ignoring you in short order.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, this so much.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 01:05:51 am »

I had this message spamming me earlier today, it was in relation to a dwarf I had locked outside my fort accidentally. He was starving and the guys inside were trying to bring him food but they couldn't path to him. Still got the "no food available" message though.

Dwarf_Fever you are kind of coming off as a bit... less nice than you should be here, I get you are frustrated but as people have pointed out the game is in alpha and is likely to be so for some time, all the things you want are unlikely to be implemented, if that is something you can't handle then you may indeed need to seek other games. Or you could follow the advice of those who are attempting to help and provide some more information on your problem.

Everyone else, it appears the community kind of jumped down his throat a bit more harshly than is usual on this forum, calling someone an obnoxious idiot isn't going to make civil discussion easy either.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39:26 am »

Calling someone an obnoxious idiot isn't going to make civil discussion easy either.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:41:03 am by Urist McGyver »
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 10:56:12 am »

Everyone else, it appears the community kind of jumped down his throat a bit more harshly than is usual on this forum, calling someone an obnoxious idiot isn't going to make civil discussion easy either.

I didn't think I'd implied as much.  I even said 'please'.    I posted as I did because name-calling wasn't going to help, you're right.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: 1 2 [3]