Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I embarked and half my wagon is submerged underwater  (Read 842 times)

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I embarked and half my wagon is submerged underwater
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:32:34 pm »

How can I get them out? I first noticed this when it said I had no fire-safe anvil, even though I was sure I brought one. Here's a pic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I embarked and half my wagon is submerged underwater
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:35:43 pm »

Whoops...

Erm, dig a shallow pit and breach the pool edge the drain the water? If it's 3 or less deep your dorfs can walk in it.

Also, are you using an older version of the game? Because the current version has ramps at pool edges...
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 10:55:49 pm »

Cool, thanks

Its the newest version, so it does have ramps

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:05 pm »

Interesting. Is the rest of your stuff scattered by the poolside with no wagon and no trace of the three logs comprising it?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 11:11:13 pm »

Yeah, it was already deconstructed when I started playing. I thought it was kinda odd, but I didn't really give much attention to it

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:00 pm »

When that happened to me, as I embarked half on a pond that unfroze before I could even begin digging, I built two screwpumps (only one was needed) and pumped enough water out of the pond so it was roughly 3/7 deep.  The citizens immediately began stockpiling the gear in the appropriate locations.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:14:49 am »

If you have a pump's output in a 1x1 tile, with that tile occupied by a floodgate, you can atom-smash water as you drain it.
Code: [Select]
  ###
 %%F#L
  ###
Simply set the lever on repeat, and the water will empty quickly with no mess.