Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Archery Training  (Read 982 times)

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
Archery Training
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:35:34 pm »

I am having trouble getting my Crossbow Squad to actually get off their asses and train. I have Iron bolts for Combat and bone for practice, quivers to be equipped,Archery Targets,Barracks, etc. Am I missing something?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archery Training
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:49:41 pm »

Which version of DF?  ToadyOne made a comment regarding fixing something to do with archery training in either the .03 or .04 update.  I think.

I can't currently spot anything wrong with what you've said you're doing (based upon my typical .31.x usage[1], as I haven't redone that in any of the .34.x stuff, yet...), so it might be the above, instead.  Or something else that I've probably missed the clue of in your request.

[1] Except that I never bothered with barracks.  Melee training areas, and firing ranges, but no military dormitories/etc.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:04:05 am »

Yeah, if you haven't updated to .34.04 yet, you might want to, as an archery training bug was one of the numerous fixes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:13:51 am »

I might just do that then, how do you go about updating my world so i can still use it?

EDIT:By the way I'm still using 0.34.01
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:17:22 am by captain proof »

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:30:27 am »

0.34.01 unfortunately involves a rather nasty world corruption bug, which you will apparently inevitably experience... i think you might have to create a new world, in which case, you might as well upgrade to 0.34.04.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:24:16 am »

Toady has actually (and he rarely does this) deliberately prevented .01 worlds from being loaded into .02 (or was it .02 in .03..?  check the devlogs... either way, it affects this situation).

You need to do a new worldgen.  There may be a possibility to regenerate exactly the same world, by finding the randomness seeds and other settings used in your .01 one and explicitly using them in your .04 (or later?) one, but it would be starting from scratch anyway.  If there's not been too much messing with the worldgen mechanics, though, you should at least get the same geography/geology and thus be able to redo your embark.  But it would be from scratch.  And it might be anything from slightly different to completely so, depending on changes of how the data is used.  Or changes to the reject/keep thresholds.

In short, might be easiest just to go for a new world, new fort.  Grieve over the civilisation you've now left in stasis (or come back to it and experiment when you want a largely self-sufficient fort to mess about with, say, mechanical logic constructions... without having to strike the earth and do all the other fiddly things all over again). I very rarely migrate old saves into new versions, anyway, so as to get the full benefit of various bugfixes that might involve the raws or incorrect tile flagging.