Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disappearing Tasks  (Read 815 times)

kiaser90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Disappearing Tasks
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »

So, my metalsmith forges (all 3) won't 'take' any tasks.  Anything assigned from the manager gets validated but won't add to the forge's task list.  They were right in the middle of churning out steel armor for the military and then just stopped.  If i add a task manually it shows up, but once i leave the menu and go back the task is gone.  Anyone know why this is?  I have 2 smiths will the required labors enabled and 3 forges.  No moods.  I'm confused.  All other workshops are working fine.  The problem is only with 3 my forges.  I have plenty of bars and fuel.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disappearing Tasks
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:40:52 pm »

Did you recently block all use of a particular mineral type?
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

kiaser90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 10:43:49 pm »

Not to my knowledge.  I don't usually mess with that stuff.  I've tried a bunch of different minerals.  Iron, steel, gold.  Nothing seems to take.

kiaser90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 10:45:37 pm »

Ahh, as i suspected, I'm just an idiot.  I forgot i turned off job cancellations.  Turns out i did run out of charcoal.  Move along.