Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your most evil things in evil biomes.  (Read 4451 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most evil things in evil biomes.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 01:59:49 pm »

Giant Badger Corpses.  Like 7 of them, already present when my dwarves arrived.
One Giant Badger Corpse for every Dwarf, woman, and child in Fortresszion. Sounds like the thinking of a machine to me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 02:05:58 pm »

Gather your stories about the most evil, dangerous or funny things or moments you've had in evil biomes.

I just had a cloud of yellow "wicked ash" move over my map. It was the most dangerous thing for dwarves. It caused necrosis in the liver of anything it touched :D

In my limited !!science!! whit poisoned wolf blood, liver disfunction does not cause anything.

Dwarf livers are like Madagascar, incredibly volatile with no room for pathogens.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 03:03:21 pm »

Gather your stories about the most evil, dangerous or funny things or moments you've had in evil biomes.

I just had a cloud of yellow "wicked ash" move over my map. It was the most dangerous thing for dwarves. It caused necrosis in the liver of anything it touched :D

In my limited !!science!! whit poisoned wolf blood, liver disfunction does not cause anything.

It caused the affected dwarves (a second cloud got me right when i moved out again) to have extreme pain from the rotting. They all fell unconscious and stayed that way. Doctor could not do any treatment. One of the dwarves just went stark raving mad after about 1 year in hospital, all while still being unconscious.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 03:56:12 pm »

I think several dwarf overseers from around here will easily qualify as the most evil thing wherever they go.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:43 pm »

My current fort is on an evil coast without any aquifier. Save for going into the caverns immediately the only source of water was a freshwater river on the east side of the map.

A giant zombie crab lives in that river. Well ... he did anyway. I realized I would have no chance of fighting him so I prepared a cage trap. A dwarf didn't go to the burrow as ordered and the crab killed him but not before cutting off his nose. Then he ... left. Disappeared from the map.
 He got away with murder. I am not pleased at all. :(

he's not the most evil thing I've met i guess but he's the one that got away so it's aggravating. I hope he comes back someday so we can finish this
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 04:45:50 pm »

It Collects Noses
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Castamere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »

Current embark is glacier/terrifying mountain
First embark was east from the current one but a flock of zombie keas always raped the living shit out of my dorfs in an instant.
I have a standard ash cloud that turns already zombified weasel men and polar bears into ash zombies
But I have A  LOT of candy(10 000 units) and even more gold(34 000) so the fort stays plus a magma pipe in the first cavern :P

I am currently planning a zombie training ground. I noticed that a caravan guard trained to legendary in a month while fighting a thrall polar bear that just didn't die eventhough he had no legs so that can be a really good way of training dorfs.

I also intend to make a invasion defense system with corpses dropped on evil ground to reanimate.
One question: Do zombies reanimate as strictly in the underground as on the surface where the clear border between the mountain and glacier draws a line of reanimation?
Playing DF is like getting into an elevator where you know it will freefall forty stories after it climbs about two.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

One question: Do zombies reanimate as strictly in the underground as on the surface where the clear border between the mountain and glacier draws a line of reanimation?

Yes

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 06:13:27 pm »

Dwarf livers are like Madagascar, incredibly volatile with no room for pathogens.

Am I the only one catching the Pandemic II reference here?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »

Am I the only one catching the Pandemic II reference here?

SHUT DOWN ALL THE LIVERS
Pages: 1 [2]