Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haunting Smoke  (Read 1288 times)

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Haunting Smoke
« on: February 28, 2012, 01:44:37 pm »

What is it exactly?

I just saw a whole cloud of smoke run through my piece of land and out of fear I burrowed everyone inside to prevent anything from happening.

The description said ''Haunting Smoke'' when I looked at it and I am really afraid for unwanted !!FUN!!.

Anyone know what this phenomenon is?

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Haunting Smoke
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:46:01 pm »

"Evil cloud" phenomenon.  They're randomly generated for various evil biomes, so it's impossible to say what it does in your particular instance without a bit of science.  Throw a kitten into it!
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:42:00 pm »

Avoid the fog at all costs.

It might cause minor bruising of the liver, but it might also cause anything it touches to be instantly turned into a life hating thrall that it is, quite literally, impossible to kill without full on decapitation.
A kitten thrall is still dangerous if you don't have any way to put the damn thing down.

Clouds are like inverse Russian roulette, five of the six cylinders will kill you.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 02:48:57 pm »

It might cause minor bruising of the liver, but it might also cause anything it touches to be instantly turned into a life hating thrall that it is, quite literally, impossible to kill without full on decapitation.
A kitten thrall is still dangerous if you don't have any way to put the damn thing down.

Clouds are like inverse Russian roulette, five of the six cylinders will kill you.
what do the last one do? make everything pain?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:17:28 pm »

Nothing, or unconsciousness, dizziness, mild pain, numbness... Huh.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »

Nothing, or unconsciousness, dizziness, mild pain, numbness... Huh.
The rest are some variation of "Itchy...  Scratchy...   brains."
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:23 pm »

I had roaming eerie soot clouds that caused full body paralysis, resulting in unconsciousness and, seconds later, suffocation. I'm pretty sure I got off lucky there.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 04:20:39 pm »

I had roaming eerie soot clouds that caused full body paralysis, resulting in unconsciousness and, seconds later, suffocation. I'm pretty sure I got off lucky there.

Yes, you did.

You have no idea.

Husks / thralls can defeat the HFS and STILL be OP enough to ravage your fort in ways you've never had a fort ravaged before.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 04:21:53 pm »

Husks / thralls can defeat the HFS and STILL be OP enough to ravage your fort in ways you've never had a fort ravaged before.

*ahem*

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 04:27:28 pm »

*ahem*

Well...  you don't count, I wasn't quoting you.   <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 04:29:04 pm »

*ahem*

I wasn't quoting me either  :P

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »

*ahem*

I wasn't quoting me either  :P

I'll expand it to you, thataussieguy(sp?  and is he still around?) and a few other people (including myself) who have managed to do things like colonize hell?