Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cobaltite?  (Read 1320 times)

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cobaltite?
« on: May 16, 2008, 02:24:00 pm »

What is it used for?  I dunno how many forts I've started and this is the first time I've found the stuff.  can't smelt it, so I'm at something of a loss since it appears to be ore....
Demon of Darkness

Goblin Dragoon 085

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobaltite?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 02:30:00 pm »

Its currently just a pretty stone... Make some nice deep blue statues from it

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 02:41:00 pm »

that's what I thought, which is a shame, I've got more of that than I do hematite.  But at least the statues will stand out.
Demon of Darkness

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 03:17:00 pm »

It's fun to do the rainbow forts. If you can get three or four different colors of stone and make all of your furniture and doors and stuff out of them, it looks very interesting in the end.  :)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »

Colored stones are also useful for color-coding levers. For example, you could make the blue lever raise the blue drawbridge, the yellow lever close the yellow entrance doors, the red lever drop the captured goblins into the volcano, etc.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »

They're also useful for aesthetics, you could create a large floor mosaic or a number of color-coded rooms.  A blue house with a blue little window (da ba dee da ba die), for instance.

Here is a good mosaic example.  A mosaic of FIENDISH SOULLESS EVIL, but a good example of a mosaic.

It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

Yes, it'll unfortunately be a while before you can coat something with cobalt and smuggle it into Dark Temple   ;)

quote:
Here is a good mosaic example. A mosaic of FIENDISH SOULLESS EVIL, but a good example of a mosaic.

My god... the horror...

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:13:00 pm »

damn, ya'll thought of everything, I hadn't even considered color-coding my levers... yet.  Course, I don't use a lotta traps either.

But a HUGE Mosaic....  :wanders off pondering the eventualities and loss of hair:

Demon of Darkness