Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Volcano, surrounded by a ring of badlands, surrounded by a ring of mountains  (Read 1208 times)

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page

I think I just genn'd Middle Earth.

EDIT: False goddamn alarm...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:15:17 am by Linkeron »

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile

screenshots and world map pics pronto please :P
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page

ARG! Would if I could.

I have a bit of a... Problem... in downloading and uploading things I probably shouldn't. I've hit my monthly cap of bandwidth. In about a week it should lift, tho.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Well, if actually did get this, nice.  Make Barad-dur immediately, and crown one dwarf Sauron.  Bonus points if you can mod orcs to be part of your civ, along with dwarves.  Bonus bonus points if you make an adamantine ring, just for your dwarven Sauron.

Geez, I'm getting the jitters already just from thinking it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page

I'm not even worthy of it, I've never read any of the books at all. Never even touched a copy.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Have you watched the movies?  If you have, you know enough. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page

Not the extended editions, sadly. Come to think of I, I should probably see those...

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Post the seed.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile

Resseeding and regening a world is.tricky.
My advice, make a copy of it immediatly on your hard drive to be left untouched.
Then when you can, zip file and upload the orginal untouched map to the DFFA archives.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

So. You can't upload or download, but you are posting on this forum. Am I the only one who sees a problem there?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile

So. You can't upload or download, but you are posting on this forum. Am I the only one who sees a problem there?

Nope!
Especially since a screenshot of his worldmap will be about as large as some of the avatars of the users who have posted here.
I call shenanigans!

dragginmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about "never touched a copy" of the series but knows it enough to recognize middle earth replica?

I mean, I Guess you can get that from the movie, but I read the books enough that i never watched past the first movie due to dissappointment.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page

It's not a cap enforced by the ISP. My room mate's paranoid about downloading shit on the internet what with all these copyright protection acts floating around, even though he downloads just as much as I do. It's an argument we've had multiple times, I'm just sick of dealin' with the crap.

As for shenanigans? Might as well have fuckin' been. Slow computer means slow world gen, and jumping the gun before history starts rolling makes me out to be an ass. However, the world was rejected on 'lakes and rivers' portion (How does that happen?). Good news, it made it to Lakes and Rivers on vanilla world gen. Which means although unlikely, it's possible it could happen in a world that doesn't get rejected last doggamned minute.

Sorry to disappoint.