Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with leader  (Read 811 times)

Hier0

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Need help with leader
« on: May 15, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »

First off I'd like to say hello as I'm new to these forums)and to the game as well) and if Toady is lurking  I'd like to compliment him on such an incredibly enjoyable game.
Now down to business. Alrighty, here's the deal, I'm going on the third year of my settlement and the last wave of immigrants was a large one, something like 23 or so dwarves, more then I could put to work all at once with meaningful jobs. I set my leader(currently assigned to all noble positions aside from Sheriff which is still unassigned and only became available with the last wave of dwarves) to do bookkeeping full time and now he is legendary. For some reason there is no more need to keep track of the books as he spends all of his time hanging about with "no job". The lazy bum and all of his attributes are close to, if not, max. I'm wondering if this is a temporary thing or if I am able to begin training him in another skill or possibly train him as a wrestler for a bit(got obsidiant swords and a few x-bows but other then that my metal working industry is just starting up. And help or input here would be much appreciated.
Also, I found a wonderful spot but unfortunately forgot to backup the world folder before I began my colony is there anyway to get back to the original world? or possibly find out what seed it was? I'd like to share it with you guys if possible. It's got magma(a pool starting at the second z-lvl and extending down 5 levels, adamantite(quite a lot of it, should be enough to supply my whole army towards the end, bauxite(if you choose to use the magma, I didn't tap it yet and may not), obsidian for early weapons just in case, lots of precious gems platinum and silver, some gold, tons and tons of coal(which is why I chose to forgo to magma at this point), a top layer of soil, sand deposites,plenty of trees and plants, and a river. The land is fairly flat, the elevation doesn't go above 2.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with leader
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hier0:
<STRONG>For some reason there is no more need to keep track of the books as he spends all of his time hanging about with "no job". The lazy bum and all of his attributes are close to, if not, max. I'm wondering if this is a temporary thing or if I am able to begin training him in another skill or possibly train him as a wrestler for a bit(got obsidiant swords and a few x-bows but other then that my metal working industry is just starting up.</STRONG>

Once your bookkeeper reaches "highest precision" and legendary, he no longer needs to study the books and he just magically learns all new items in the fortress. If you appoint a new bookkeeper then he will also work his recordkeeping skill, but your precision skill will not be reduced while he is training.

Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Hier0

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with leader
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:00 am »

Ok, cool, so no more need for bookkeeping pretty much? Except maybe to get another dwarf up to legendary while they're training another skills as well? Maybe I'll make this leader a warrior general of sorts, or train him up to legendary in some other skill, thanks for the info.